St. Joseph’s Aberdeen aims to achieve the following student outcomes from an educational tour:
- Learning about culture and traditions and how it has moulded the people.
- An educational tour makes classroom lessons come to life. Students gain new perspective on what they’re learning and on the differences
between their own and other cultures.
- The confidence of students is boosted as they test their capabilities in a foreign setting.
- Acquiring valuable life skills through their exploration of the new country and realise their abilities to make new friends and promote
themselves in a very positive way.
- Developing speaking and listening skills through talking to native speakers in real life non-scripted
We have participated in over 15 years of educational tours to Japan held every second year. The next tour will be held in January, 2013.